Here we are in the time for resolutions. I’m not making any. I might choose a word. Right now I’m thinking RELAX. Or CHILL. Or maybe GET A GRIP, YOU INSANE WORRYWART. These are things I tell myself often enough that it would always be near the top of the list of things to do.
Also there are no ham hocks, greens, or black-eyed peas on the menu. I don’t like those things. I’m willing to take my chances.
I have tried to make today the kind of day I’d like to have for 2013. If there’s anything to the superstition that what I do today influences the rest of the year, I’m happy with what I’ve accomplished.
1. I finished the first round of edits for All Shook Up. Since I enjoyed reading it all over again, possibly the sixth time around, I have high hopes. And I want to give editor Chelsey a hug for being so encouraging. It must be hard to work with newbies. Plus, something she questioned in this one gave me a great idea for the last book. I love it when I get an idea, you know?
2. I exercised. Not enough that it will make much difference and certainly not because I enjoyed it, but you know…good for me.
3. I actually ate lunch and have plans for a good dinner. This is rare enough, but it does make me feel better so I ought to really make that a pattern.
4. I laughed with a friend.
5. I wrote 2000+ words on the next story, Can’t Help Falling in Love. I feel good about that start. Tomorrow I’m going to work on the day job and begin revisions on another project but it’s hard to leave Randa, Tony and Misty the coonhound in the lobby of the Rock’n’Rolla so I may sneak back in. At least until it gets hard.
6. And I’ve managed to spend some time thinking about all the good that the past year brought and pushed back the worries for 2013. I’m in a unique spot this year. For the first time that I can really remember, I know something great is going to happen this year. I have three books and a novella coming out. That’s amazing. Last year was a good year, but I’m looking forward to this one!