In about a month, I have a novella coming out in the Kiss Me anthology. I’ve told you that, right? So now I have done some study on the King. I’ll be posting some excerpts in the next few weeks, but today…let’s celebrate! And if you like Elvis trivia, check out the official Elvis site: http://www.elvis.com/downloads/elvis-fun-games/trivia.aspx
1. Elvis was born on January 8, 1935, in Tupelo, Mississippi. He’d be 77 today.
2. In 1956, he made his film debut in Love Me Tender, a musical western (love!).
3. Elvis and his parents moved to Memphis when he was 13 where they lived in rooming houses and public housing.
4. Graceland was built in 1939 and Elvis bought it in 1957 when he was 22. It opened to the public in June 1982.
5. The Jungle Room’s Polynesian influences were a nod to Elvis’ favorite vacation destination Hawaii. It was converted to a recording studio in 1976.